(version 1.0. Last updated: 24/11/2022)
NATURE OF PROCESSING
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The purpose of this policy is to explain the use and purposes of the personal data collected through the www.cafein-project.eu website, and thus enable you to make your own informed choices. If you refuse to provide us with the requested data, it will not be possible to proceed with the above-mentioned purposes.
In particular, personal data are collected and processed for:
1. the creation of a mailing list for sending newsletters to which users can subscribe by providing their email address, name, surname and organisation they belong to;
2. the communication of personal contact data to the members of the CAFEIN consortium, set out in the Consortium section of the www.cafein-project.eu website in accordance with the data processing and sharing agreement signed between the members themselves.
The Data Controller is the CAFEIN Consortium, with the headquarters of the AFPC Coordinator at RUE DE L’AMIRAL HAMELIN 17, PARIS, 75116, France. You can contact the consortium to exercise your rights, at the following email address email@example.com
PROCESSING METHODS AND SCOPE OF DATA CIRCULATION
The Data Controller will process your data with the utmost care and respect. The data collected will be processed by manual or computerised means, taking care to adopt appropriate security measures to guarantee the protection of confidentiality and to avoid the risks of loss or destruction, unauthorised access, unauthorised processing or processing that does not comply with the purposes set out above.
On the data received, the Data Controller shall carry out the following processing:
• the updating of every communication and variation provided by you in order to guarantee the accuracy of your data;
• storage for a period of time not exceeding that necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected.
The processing will be carried out by persons authorised by the data controller to carry out the purposes listed above, who have been suitably instructed and made aware of the constraints imposed by current legislation on the protection of personal data. Furthermore, your data will only be made accessible to those within the staff who need it on the basis of their job or hierarchical position.
In order to carry out collection and storage activities, the data will be communicated to third party companies acting as Data Processors, pursuant to Article 28 of the aforementioned Regulation. It is possible to have an updated list of the Data Processors designated by the Data Controller by forwarding your request to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will not be published, displayed or made available and/or consulted by unspecified parties. Your data may be communicated to the competent Authorities, according to the terms of the law.
CAFEIN Consortium uses Mailchimp as its emailing platform. By subscribing to the newsletter mailing list, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to Mailchimp for processing. LEARN MORE ABOUT MAILCHIMP’S PRIVACY PRACTICES HERE.
The CAFEIN Consortium will use the information you provide in this form to contact you and keep you informed.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the requirements of Article 5.1(c) of the Regulations, the information systems and computer programmes used by the Data Controller are configured in such a way as to minimise the use of personal and identification data; such data will only be processed to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this Policy.
Your personal data will be stored in our databases for 12 months following your entry on the www.cafein-project.eu website for the purposes of organisational data management.
In particular, personal data processed for purposes of participation in conferences or other activities organised by the Data Controller, will be kept for the period of time necessary to carry out the relevant activities, which will be explained in the information provided for each event.
We also inform you that, pursuant to Articles 5 and 89, para. 1 of the Regulation, your personal data may be stored for longer periods of time than those specified in the previous paragraph for statistical purposes only, subject to the implementation of appropriate technical and organisational measures required by law to protect your rights and freedoms.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
We guarantee you respect for your rights in the area of personal data protection. In line with the provisions of the GDPR, in relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to request from the Data Controller:
• Access: you may request confirmation as to whether or not any data processing is taking place concerning you, as well as further clarification regarding the information set out in this notice;
• Rectification: you may request that the data you have provided be rectified or supplemented if they are inaccurate or incomplete;
• Deletion: you may request that your data be deleted if it is no longer necessary for our purposes, in the event of revocation of consent or opposition to processing, in the event of unlawful processing, or if there is a legal obligation to delete it, or if it relates to persons under sixteen years of age
• Limitation: you may request that your data be processed only for the purposes of storage, with exclusion of other processing, for the period necessary to rectify your data, in the event of unlawful processing for which you object to the deletion, if you have to exercise your rights in court and the data retained by the Controller may be useful to you and, finally, if you object to the processing and a check is being carried out on whether the legitimate reasons of the Controller prevail over yours.
• Objection: you may object at any time to the processing of your data, unless there are legitimate reasons for the Controller to proceed with the processing that override your own, for example for the exercise or defence of your rights in court.
• Portability: you may request to receive your data, or to have it transmitted to another data controller indicated by you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
At any time you may ask to exercise the above rights to the Data Controller by contacting the e-mail address email@example.com